▪ A 60-minute hands-on Beekeeping for Beginners experience guided by a qualified and experienced teacher and beekeeper from The Humble Hive Collective.
▪ All necessary personal protective equipment.
▪ Grazing platter, a taste of raw honey and beverage.
▪ 60-minute lavender field access during which you can stroll between the lavender rows and take photos at your leisure.
Ben is a qualified and experienced teacher, leader and expert beekeeper. He is passionate about educating the broader community on the environmental impact of bees and beekeeping in Australia. Ben has created numerous hive communities and maintains collaborations with businesses, corporations, schools and council groups.
▪ We will provide all necessary personal protective equipment as dictated by the day and our bees, but we would like to remind our guests to wear or bring a few essentials that will ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
▪ Please wear shoes or boots that fully cover your ankles and it is also good practice to not wear strong scented perfume on the day.
▪ Even though we only run our Tours over the warmer months of the year, weather can be notoriously unpredictable and even the forecast can change quickly. If the weather is looking like being below 18 degrees, heavy rain or storms we mayneed to postpone the tour. In the unusual event that this occurs we will contact you the day before and arrange to reschedule or refund your booking as required.
▪ For the lavender field walk, please try to keep the following information in mind for your safety and enjoyment. We try to keep the grounds well-maintained and safe to navigate however, there may be places where the ground is soft or uneven due to rains or frequent passage of equipment. Guests who are bringing prams and mobility devices may be in for a bumpy ride. We would also like to remind everyone to wear appropriate footwear (preferably closed toes) for optimum comfort and safety.
▪ We will not permit commercial or drone photography on site during this time. If you wish to do a commercial or professional photoshoot, please refer to the Photography Menu on the website for options.
▪ Please bear in mind that our lavenders are not only our source of livelihood but they are also the reason we get up in the mornings so please treat them with care and avoid stepping over rows or picking flowers.
▪ Lavenders attract pollinators such as bees and we have a couple of hives at the farm. Bees are lovely creatures and usually just go about minding their own bees-ness, but be sure not to step over rows or disturb foraging bees you come across to avoid getting stung. If you are allergic to bee stings, we would like you carefully consider going between the rows and opt to enjoy the view from a safe distance and should you decide to proceed, come prepared with the necessary allergy medication.
▪ COVID-19 Health Guidelines. To reduce the risk to others we strongly recommend that you stay home if you are feeling unwell or have recently tested positive to COVID-19. Stay home while you have symptoms to avoid infecting other people.